Our cemetery, which is located at 1890 Merivale Road just south of Hunt Club Road, is a little over two acres in size. Consecrated in 1931, it is the oldest Orthodox cemetery in the Ottawa region. Members of Christ the Saviour Church may purchase burial plots there. The cemetery chapel was constructed in 1938 and is dedicated to the Holy Trinity.
At our annual Cemetery Day (проводы), an outdoor memorial service is held and the graves are blessed. It is an old Slavic custom to bring food to the cemetery on the day of the grave-blessing and to share a picnic there with friends and loved ones in memory of the departed. This custom, which was faithfully observed by the Bukovynian-Ukrainian immigrants who founded the cemetery, is still followed by our parishioners today.
For a list of names of those buried in our cemetery, go to the Ottawa Branch of the Ontario Geneaological Society and select “Bukowinian Greek Orthodox Holy Trinity/Ukrainian Orthodox Church” under “Cemetery.”